Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ah, the little tortured creature is....

Pedro!!! Yes, I know what you're thinking..."didn't you try this before?" Yes, we did. I just thought that Ben would love to have a little play partner when the kids went back to school. Also, we went with something a lot smaller. The choice was easy, considering Benjamin loves Uncle Rico ( Uncle Jim's dog).Do I still think this was a good idea, 4 weeks later? Ummmm, let me think for a minute....thinking.....thinking....YES! He is like having a newborn, yipping at all hours of the morning needing to go outside, following him around to make sure he doesn't do his duties on the floor and all that comes with this tiny little creature. But we love him and he's staying.









Please don't judge for the nasty rug that obviously needed vacuuming. I've relaxed on my 24 hours a day cleaning. So if you want come by, please give me at least 15 minutes to straighten up:)




Lainey will totallly die when she sees that I posted this picture with her bed head. But check out the 2 stooges putting their heads together. This picture cracks me up.

I do love the little Pedro too...Oh did I forget to tell you? I got the dog while Sean was in Alaska. Note to self, don't get an animal while the husband is gone. But if you do, please make sure to tell him over the phone so that he has some time to simmer down. Yes, noted.
Funny thing is, Sean is Pedro's favorite person and Sean loves him just as much. Maybe more! I mean seriously, it's like a love fest in our bed after the kids are all tucked in for the night. And I'm not talkin' 'bout me and Sean people! He and Pedro are all snuggles until the little Mexican (that's what Sean calls him.) gets put in his kennel for the night. If anyone reading this is offended that we call our dog little Mexican, please don't be. We looooove our little Mexican and he IS a chihuahua named Pedro after all!







So nana really loves Pedro. Sean and I are always trying to get her a dog, because we think it would really help with lonliness. Anyway, she is stubborn as a mule and will not have it, even though she is a dog lover and has raised and bred them her whole life. So on Sunday she was over for dinner and say's "why don't I take Pedro for a couple days so that you can get some rest" (she's talking about the 5am wake-up call from the mexican). I was thinking "great, it would be nice to sleep past 5." I said "sure gram if you want to take him over night or whatever that's fine". Let me tell you when I dropped him off at her house she was just so excited. I asked if she would like me to come get him in the morning and she quickly said, "no, I'll have him for a couple days". Sean went over this morning to fix her sprinkler (she called at 6:45am:) and said the dog was spoiled rotten. Instead of just putting him outside to do his business, she actually sits out with him until he's done in 9000 degree weather. She also asked if we wanted her to keep him for another day. AAAAh, grams loves Pedro. She let me know that if we decided to sell him that she would like to know first. Stubborn girl.

No comments: