Monday, December 04, 2006

DR. Day Update...

Benjamin had his pulmonary appointment today. It went fine. The Dr. gave us insight as to what might be going on with his breathing. She is having us try a few meds out for a couple of weeks, which are for allergies, asthma and reflux (at his barium swallow a couple months ago, they found that he has significant reflux that never actually comes out, it just sits and then eventually goes back down, which can cause his throat to be constantly swollen), and also gave us a breathing treatment machine to do twice a day. At his age if he was going to "grow out of" his stridor (noisy breathing), they think he would have already done so. They scheduled to do a bronchoscopy on Dec. 21st. They want to see if there is something possibly blocking his airway or something. They do have to put him under for this procedure, which everyone knows I am just horrified over! The doctor that is doing it has done over 7000 of them. That gives me some comfort. On Dec. 15, he has a follow-up appointment to see if the meds he has been given are doing him any good. Please pray that this appt. goes well and they can cancel the bronchoscopy. The other things she said may be the problem are too much for me to even think about at this point and involve a cardio-thoracic surgeon. NOT HAPPY WITH THOSE WORDS. I hope that you will keep our little guy in your prayers.

Sorry for all the run-on sentences and maybe too much information. I really got going!

2 comments:

Candy said...

So SORRY to hear about BENNY E BOYS condition. I bet you are WIGGIN OUT. I will be praying for YOU and Ben too...Hugs Candy and Kya Blu

Anonymous said...

Awww, my little Benny! I hope all goes well with the medications and you don't have to have the Bronchoscopy. I love you to peices and will definitly be praying for you.

Love,
Aunt Danielle OxOx