Thursday, December 21, 2006

My Little Drunken Peanut is So Sleepy...

Well, Benjamin had his procedure today. He had a rough start, because they could not get an IV in. Oh my...they tried in his arm twice and then in each of his feet. They couldn't get one in any of those, so the nurse wraps a rubber band around his head. I said, " are you going to try to get an IV in his head?" They said yes, and I told them I couldn't take anymore, so I left. The poor little guy was so upset, because they didn't just stick it in and pull it out. They wriggle it around under his skin....mommy can watch just about any surgery or whatever, but when it comes to my own kid...WHOOZY CITY. Did I mention Sean already had to leave after the first try beacause he was about to pass out. WHITE as a ghost! I'm glad I left too finally, because I think it got ugly. Finally, after about an hour they informed me they got one in his wrist. YIKES! He came home with lots of band-aids. The prognosis is very confusing. I would be able to draw out on paper the problem he has, but can't really explain it in words. The Dr. had a hard time talking to us in the English language, instead of DOCTOR lingo. But the main thing is, they will not have to do any corrective surgery. He's on many medications and they upped his breathing treatments for asthma. They are hoping that as he gets older he will grow out of the problem with his throat. On top of that he had some issues with his bronchial tubes/lungs. They are testing some fluid they took to give us the results. Well, that's the best I can do to explain. Here are some pics of my little baby cakes. His procedure ended up being at about 10:30 and he slept until 5pm. Oh yeah, he responded so much to the sleepy meds that they weren't happy with how he was breathing, so they had to give him a reversal med and he had a hard time even responding to that. I'm so glad I found this out as we were almost leaving or I might have had a nervous breakdown. It doesn't take much...I'm a basketcase!
What are you ladies doing to me?
This is after right after the bronchoscopy. We could not get him to wake up...so sleepy.
Got this here fish gown on and I'm still wondering why we're here.
This is right after, when we first came in and the nurse was holding him. So sweet.
Mommy's little baby
He would only open his eyes for a second and then he was back out. He was a little drunken baby.
Mommy why are you laughing at me?
This is him one second....

This is him the next second.



1 comment:

Candy said...

I want to see Christmas pictures....girly....our Christmas was good but differant this year...FAMILY DRAMA tried to attack us but we survived and enjoyed every minute with Kya Blu