Thursday, May 07, 2009

YES... I literally woke up....

[THE CULPRIT]
from a dead sleep to Sean saying, in a very soft, wake you up, mellow voice "Rhonda, you're going to have to get up. Hudson needs to go to the hospital and I have a meeting to go to." Well I am the crazy, POP out of bed kind of waker upper. "What, what is going on?" He tells me Hud cut his leg and is bleeding everywhere and when I get to the living room 1.1 second later, my poor baby is sitting on the couch, pastey white and is nauseous. Sean gets him a trash can, he throws up. Lainey stumbles out of bed (this is 6:50am might I add), sees all the blood and Hud vomiting. Well, she'll never be my Doctor of the family, because just seeing that sends her to the toilet to vomit. Now, she is pastey white. Sean leaves for the meeting, takes Ty to school, I call gram to watch Ben & sympathy sick Lainey and we hit the Urgent Care. Whew!

6 stitches and a pair of crutches later, Humpty Dumpty is put back together again.


Sean had an early morning meeting. The kids and I usually get up at about 7:00 to get ready for school. Apparently Hudson heard Sean up and decided to get up early and get ready before we all got up. He went to the laundry room and picked up a basket of clean clothes (YES, he did have clothes in his drawer, just not what he wanted...I DO LAUNDRY!). Well he was walking and bumped into this buffet that has, strike that, HAD crystal knobs on it and totally just ripped his poor little unsuspecting knee across the knob, it broke off and left this huge shard of glass that sliced the dickens out of his knee! The good news....Hudson's knee is great. The bad news...I just repainted that buffet and added the crystal knobs that I bought a couple years ago at a close-out. OH, FOR THE LOVE OF CRYSTAL KNOBS, THAT MAKE EVERY PIECE OF FURNITURE LOOK FANTASTIC. I'll miss you knob, but I'm glad you're okay Hud:)

Well, I think I've made this post as dramatic as humanly possible...

here are the yummy pics....





















No comments: