Friday, April 23, 2010

Ben's Bday March 17th....

We seem to always do Ben's bday half in AZ and half in San Diego. It falls in that Spring Break area. He was so tired right here, he could barely keep his eyes open. We had walked OB, played in the backyard, made cupcake ice cream cones, went to the beach before dark and played in the sand and water, came back and ate a quick dinner before he fell asleep. Busy Day!
My kids have a serious problem with decorating their faces with icing.


Thank you grama for my Sponge Bob dominoes, giant tub of bubble gum, slime and lots of other goodies...

Seriously folks! This is only a gift from my wildest dreams!





We had an impromptu bday party for him one day when Jonathan and Danielle came over. We were all riding our bikes and thought we should bust out his new bike a few days early. He has NOT gotten off of it since. We took off the training wheels and he does just fine, but wants them on because, well of course, it takes no effort....and he can ride in the house. Front door to back door, around the island, through our bedroom and back again. YES, allllll daaaaay loooooong...



I love this picture of him where he looks so excited. I love it because we had not planned a party. We just wanted to give him his present early. So I threw some cupcakes in the oven and Jaden and Lainey put the icing on. We pretended like it was his birthday (it was 2 days later, when we were in SD). They came out with a few cupcakes on a plate and this is his reaction. 4 year olds are so easy to please.
I said I wouldn't have any more kids after dad died, because they would never know him. I'm so glad we changed our minds. He is the sweetest, thumb-sucking, snuggly little boy I have ever known. I love you Benjamin Ronald. You are my sunshine:)

No comments: