Friday, April 23, 2010

Catching Up On Birthday Posts....

I left these at home when we went to the Laser Tag place for Hud's Bday...yeah that's how I roll....forgetful...
My Sweet 11 year old. Almost 6th grade! WHAT? He says he's preteen. Um, no, I don't think so Vern.


We had the cupcakes after Laser Tag. Yeah, I know, real nice set up there. With them still in the pan and everything. You could say I'm not a huge bday celebration person. I mean I like to celebrate their special day and everything. It's just that I don't go ALL OUT. My extended family just knows to keep the few days surrounding any of our birthday's open, because I'll call like the day before and ask them to come over. They love me for that.
The Laser Tag crew minus me, behind the camera. This is a MUST DO thing! Fun for the whole family. If you have never been, you should. fun fun fun...

Opening a card from his buddy, Seamus.

You can tell he really likes this.

She's a poser for sure.

He opened his gift after school. WWE2010 for Wii. He plays it ALL THE TIME.
Ben put together a present for Hud while the kids were at school. He colored a little brown bag and put some books in it from our bookshelf that we've had for like 10 years. Hudson was so sweet. He oooooohed and aaaaaaahed and told Ben he was going to read them that night. Ben was so happy. I almost cried. Now that is a loving brother, who pretends to love something just to make the other happy. Thanks Hud.
Now I have to brag on him some more. He had a REALLY bad bout with his eczema about 4 weeks ago. The dr. actually was on the verge of admitting him to the hospital and he missed an entire week of school. We went to see a pediatric dermatologists (the same one that Ty is seeing for his skin disorder. We're all about skin problems in this family). Anyway, this guy is amazing. Of course, I was in tears. Hudson could hardly even walk. I had to rush him to urgent care the day before to get several shots, because he was so bad and shaking severely. The dr. said he was so torn up, that his body wasn't holding in heat. Well, I just felt like a piece of crap. We've just been following our pediatrician's treatment plan and it looked like I had not taken care of Hudson in like a year, but really he can get a break out like this in just a couple days. So the dr. told us to give up the guilt, because we have never been given proper treatment for Hud and that he wished I had been referred years earlier. He also said that with the tools he gives us that Hudson should NEVER have breakout that is unmanageable again. WHEW! Hudson had an AMAZING recovery. I'm bragging on him, because this takes a ton of effort on his part. Can you imagine living with several creams and then vaseline to cover all of that lathered over your body night and day? No, neither can I. But he is really doing great and I am so proud of him. Our prayer is that one day he will "grow out of it". I love you Hud.

No comments: